Valentine’s Day conjures different things for everyone… flowers, chocolates, puppies.
Woo your love or secret admirer (one with no allergy to nuts, please!), or show your appreciation to a friend or neighbour with these delicious, creamy tarts. The decadent sweetness of the raspberries are sure to please, and all without all the refined sugar. These tarts are lovely anytime of the year, and just a bit special for a birthday or dinner party, with the added benefits of protein and healthy fats from the cashews.
Preparation time: 24 hours soaking, 1 hour preparation
Makes: 8 tarts
Raspberry Cashew Crème Filling:
1 cup cashews, soaked 24 hours, rinsed and drained
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
Micro herbs, cacao nibs or toasted coconut to serve, optional.
5 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp raw cacao
t tbsp maple syrup
1. Combine the soaked cashews, raspberries, salt and syrup in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
2. Add the coconut oil and blend again until well combined.
3. Transfer raspberry cream to a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
4. In a clean blender or food processor, combine the almond butter, cacao and maple syrup.
5. Blend until well combined and sticking together.
6. Distribute the base mix among 8 mini muffin cups, or roll into 8 balls on a tray, creating a well in the centre or each with the back of a teaspoon.
7. Refrigerate for an hour.
8. Prior to serving, spoon or pipe the raspberry cream into each base. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
9. Serve sprinkled with micro herbs, cacao nibs or toasted coconut flakes.
Feel free to add 2 tablespoons of cacao powder to the raspberry mix if you wish.
Created by Melbourne Naturopath Bree Jenner