This recipe is a perfect vehicle for excess veggies you are about to bin before your weekly shop. Fantastic for breakfast, lunch dinner or snack and all round family pleaser.
– Family friendly
– Vegetarian friendly
– Gluten free
– Weight loss friendly
Preparations time: 15mins
Cooking time: 60 – 90mins
Serves: 4 – 6 people
1 table spoon of olive oil
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic
4 sprigs of Thyme
500ml ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Heat olive oil in medium size pan.
2. Add zucchini, mushroom, onion and garlic and saute until soft.
3. Whilst veggies are cooling, mix together eggs and ricotta until fully combined – also add a pinch on salt and some freshly grounded pepper.
4. Add veggies into egg mixture and stir.
5. Pour mixture into a pie plate.
6. Place tomatoes and sprinkle thyme leaves and parmesan cheese on top.
7. Cook at 180C for 60 – 90 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Swap and include additional ingredients – olives, spring onion, pumpkin, spinach, red onion, feta, tuna, thinly shaved ham, bacon.