This simple veggie soup tastes similar to pumpkin soup but with the added nutrients of 6 other vegetables, which including pumpkin, makes it a seven veggie soup! This recipe requires a lot less stock than other soups, helping to reduce any added salt. Leaving the skin on the veggies makes this a nutritious family friendly recipe perfect for those cold Melbourne winter nights or when you feel you are fighting off a cold.
Preparations time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
1/4 butternut pumpkin
1 small sweet potato
3 large tomatoes
1 red capsicum
2 large carrots
2 celery sticks
1 tspn of grated ginger
2 cups of veggie stock
1 tspn of paprika
1 tspn of cumin
1. Roughly cut up all veggies with skin on and thickly slice the leek and garlic.
2. Add veggies leek and garlic to a saucepan with 2 cups of veggies stock. Cover and cook until soft.
3. Once cooked, add the mixture to a blender and blend in batches until smooth.
4. Add the smooth mixture back to the saucepan on low hear and slowly pour in 1 can of coconut cream, always continuing to stir until well combined.
5. Stir in paprika and cumin and add lemon juice, salt or pepper to taste.
For protein add basil pesto, feta, greek yogurt, roasted pepita’s or other nuts and seeds, meat balls, chicken or zesty creamed cashew butter…. just to name a few options.
Create by Melbourne Naturopath Bianca Potenta