It’s Christmas morning, and you can rest assured that you won’t go hungry. In fact, you’ll likely be turning away food rather than searching for it.
We suggest a light, wholesome breakfast to kick off your celebrations that will help break your fast, stimulate your digestion, and prepare you for a big day. Be sure to include some protein such as yoghurt, nuts, seeds, oats or eggs for longer lasting energy that will hold you to lunch time and prevent grazing throughout the morning.
- A Breakfast Smoothie Bowl topped with berries and coconut
- Put together a seasonal fruit platter with yoghurt to dip
- Some seedy, wholemeal toast topped with avocado, tomato, radish and spring onion
- Grain Free Nut Muesli topped with yoghurt and fruit
- Chia Puds
If you have the time, adding some extra flair to your presentation can add some seasonal fun to the first meal of the day. Serving fruit on skewers to dip, chia puddings in special tea cups, or garnishing with delicious seasonal fruits or herbs that give just a touch of sparkle without having to stay up with the elves to get everything done.
Coconut Fruit Cups with Strawberry Lime Drizzle
2 coconuts, halved
2 cups berries (raspberries, blueberries, etc)
2 kiwi fruit, sliced
1 mango, stone removed, peeled and sliced
1 banana, peeled and sliced
4 mint leaves, finely shredded
1 cup strawberries
Juice 1 lime
1 tsp maple syrup, optional
Yoghurt to serve
- In a bowl, combine the raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, mango, banana and mint. Mix well.
- Distribute the mixed fruit between the coconut halves. Top with fruit drizzle & yoghurt.
- To make drizzle, combine strawberries, lime juice and maple in a blender and process until smooth.
Written by Naturopath Bree Jenner
© The Health & Wellbeing Studio 2017